Friday 3 June 2016

Welcome!



Welcome to Grandad’s Weird Tales!

What on earth is this blog about?  Well I’ve always loved comics, from the Dandy, The Beano and Whizzer & Chips when I was a nipper to my teenagers love of Marvel, DC and 2000AD.  Whilst brining up my children, I put comics aside as I just didn’t have the time, but as my children got older, I rediscovered my love of comics through them - just as I had followed Green Lantern, so did they…

Cut to the present day.  I have a day job, but by night I’m a cartoonist, and as such, I have a new appreciation for comics, so much so that I’ve started collecting graphic novels.  It’s took me 40 years, but I think that finally I can fully appreciate the fine writing, artwork and energy that make comics a true “art form” – and I’d like to share that, not only with my children and grandchildren, but with you, true believer!

So, every so often, I’m going to write an honest review of a graphic novel / comic book collection that I’ve read.  Each one will be one I’ve paid for with my own hard earned cash – no freebies here!  Many of these will be a joy to write – others may be extremely painful, but please come with me on this journey.  If nothing else, you may find a hidden gem you’ve forgotten about, and would like to rediscover – I certainly have!

Excelsior!




No comments:

Post a Comment